The data controller for this website is Safety Management (UK).
We apply the Data Protection Act 1998 when handling any personal information. When we ask you for personal information we will keep to the law, and promise to:
- make sure you know why we need it
- only ask for what we need, and not to collect too much or irrelevant information
- protect it and make sure nobody has access to it who shouldn’t
- let you know if we share it with other organisations to give you better public services – and if you can say no
- make sure we don’t keep it longer than necessary
- not make your personal information available for commercial use without your permission.
To help us to keep your information reliable and up to date, please:
- provide us with accurate information
- tell us as soon as possible if there are any changes, such as a new address.
If you sign up to receive our email newsletters we will use your information only to provide the service you have requested. We may occasionally contact email alert subscribers to help us evaluate and improve the service we offer.
If you inform us you wish to cancel email alerts, we will remove you from our mailing list and your details will be deleted from our records.
Site usage information
When we provide services, we want to make them easy, useful and reliable. Where services are delivered on the internet, this sometimes involves placing small amounts of information on your device, for example your computer or mobile phone. These include small files called cookies. They cannot be used to identify you personally.
These pieces of information are used to improve services for you through, for example:
- enabling a service to recognise your device so you don’t have to give the same information several times during one task
- recognising that you may already have given a username and password so you don’t need to do it for every web page requested
- measuring how many people are using services, so they can be made easier to use and there’s enough capacity to ensure they are fast.
If you’d like to learn how to remove cookies set on your device, visit:http://www.aboutcookies.org/Default.aspx?page=1
Cookies for improving service
Google Analytics sets cookies to help us accurately estimate the number of visitors to the website and volumes of usage. This to ensure that the website is available when you want it and fast. For further information on the cookies set by Google Analytics, go to the Google code website.
Cookies from other websites, including social networking
During your visit to the site you may notice some cookies that are not related to the Safety Management (UK) website. This happens when you visit a page with content embedded from a third party (for example Twitter feed) or use some of the links to social networking sites (for example Facebook). These websites may place cookies on your computer.