We have been supporting companies within the field of Fire Risk Assessment since 2002, initially under the Workplace Regs, and latterly under the Fire Safety Order. We are a local company operating nationally - see our UK Coverage.
Benefits of working with us:
- All our assessors have vast practical experience in Fire Safety and its applications as well as qualifications of the highest standard.
- All reports contain significant findings with explanations on how to rectify any problems – our reports have never been disputed by a Fire Authority.
- Our experience means that we can work management solutions into any significant finding that will ensure capital spending is kept to a minimum.
- Our Professional Indemnity Insurance is set at £2 million.
All our fire risk assessors are industry competent, with the majority coming from a Fire Service background. Our assessors receive constant support and mentoring from our Audit team. We also deliver regular industry specific seminars and briefings to assessors to ensure they understand both client requirements and the interpretation we are using from the relevant guidance and British Standards. We have a rigorous Audit Procedure that guarantees every assessment conducted is done so by a competent assessor and then audited by another competent person, this gives the client as much standardisation as possible with their reports and minimises the potential for errors.
As our assessors and audit team are vastly experienced in both fire risk assessment and fire safety, this ensures that clients do not get oversubscribed and expensive recommendations; they receive recommendations that are measured and realistic, and in many cases, but not all, management solutions are the best approach for clients.
Our assessors are members of the Institute of Fire Engineers, listed on the IFE Register for Fire Risk Assessors, and of the Institute of Fire Safety Managers,
Call 01524 784356 to book your fire risk assessment today!
Some of the qualifications held by our assessors:
- B Eng (Hons) Fire Engineering
- IFE Members' Exam
- Technical Fire Safety Officers Module A (Morton in Marsh), Legislation, Office-Shops-Railway Premises
- Technical Fire Safety Officers Module B (Morton in Marsh), Legislation, Sleeping Accommodation (Life Risk)
- Technical Fire Safety Officers Module C (Morton in Marsh), Fire Engineering
- Technical Fire Safety Officers Module D (Morton in Marsh), Building Regulations
- Fire Safety Development Module 1 (Scottish Fire Safety College)
- Fire Safety Development Module 2 (Scottish Fire Safety College)
- Fire Safety Development Module 3 (Scottish Fire Safety College)
- Fire Risk Assessment Training – CS Todd & Associates
- Fire Engineering Principles, Caledonian University
- Fire Safety Design – University of Leeds
- Fire and Fire Safety Law – University of Leeds
- NEBOSH Fire Risk Management
- Diploma in Health, Safety and Environmental Management
- Basic Fire Investigation
- Advanced Fire Investigation
Quality assurance is a huge part of the culture at Safety Management (UK); we monitor the standards of the assessments we deliver in a number of ways:
- Periodic assessor peer reviews
- This involves each assessor being accompanied on one visit per year by one of their peers, this report is then peer reviewed also
- Management reviews
- All assessments are checked by an individual other than the assessor for quality
- Sampling Assessments
- A percentage of assessments undertaken are picked at random and qualified by another assessor to ensure accuracy.
- Client feedback sheets
- Online feedback forum
Good job, very nice people and happy with the work SMUK do for us (Bank of China)